About SFS Membership
The Society for Freshwater Science (SFS) is an international scientific organization whose purpose is to promote better understanding of the biotic communities of lake and stream bottoms and their role in aquatic ecosystems, by providing media and disseminating new investigation results, new interpretations, and other benthological information to aquatic biologists and to the scientific community at large. The Society was founded as the Midwest Benthological Society by 13 charter members at Havana, Illinois, in the spring of 1953.
Membership is open to anyone, regardless of residence, who is interested in benthic communities and their role in aquatic ecosystems.
Society for Freshwater Science members receive the online subscription of Freshwater Science and may purchase a paper subscription. Members also get access to a bulletin three times per year, an annual Bibliography of Current Benthological Literature, and an occasional Membership Directory.
Membership Rates (NEW 2017 Rates, all include online access to Freshwater Science journal)
- Regular Member - $90.00
- Young Professional Member (up to 3 years after graduation) - $65.00
- Student Member - $40.00
- Associate Editor (Includes online Freshwater Science subscription) $60
- Emeritus Member (65+ years of age and a member of SFS for 25+ years) - Free
Freshwater Science paper version subscriptions (SFS membership required) $80.00
Institutional Subscription Rates
Institutional print + electronic and e-only subscriptions are available through JSTOR's Current Scholarship Program and include unlimited online access; rates are tiered according to an institution's type and research output: $248 to $496 (print+electronic), $210 to $420 (e-only). For print+electronic and e-only subscriptions contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Institutional print-only is $248. For print-only subscriptions contact the University of Chicago Press, Journals Division, P.O. Box 37005, Chicago, IL 60637. Telephone: (773) 753-3347 or toll-free in the United States and Canada (877) 705-1878. Fax: (773) 753-0811 or toll-free (877) 705-1879. E-mail: email@example.com.
For additional rates, including single-copy rates, please visit www.journals.uchicago.edu/FWS/. Free or deeply discounted access is available in most developing nations through the Chicago Emerging Nations Initiative (www.journals.uchicago.edu/ceni/). Additional taxes and/or postage for non-U.S. subscriptions may apply.
For More Information
SFS Membership Services
5005 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322 USA
Phone: (435) 797-7902
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- Making Waves Ep. 25: Modeling Environmental DNA Movement in Streams, Arial Shogren more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
COMPETITION CLOSED - SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore