Fun Run & Volleyball
The 5k Fun Run is a long-standing tradition at the annual meeting. It will be held on Wednesday evening, before the banquet. This year's route takes you along the Ohio River through Louisville's beautiful Waterfront Park, a short 8-block walk from the Marriot. The start and finish are just across the street from the baseball stadium where the banquet will be held, so all your friends and colleagues can be on hand to cheer you on to victory! If you are interested in participating but do not wish to race, we are in need of several volunteers to assist with timing, water stations, and cleanup. Please contact Lara Panayotoff (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to volunteer.
The annual volleyball tournament will be held at Baxter Jack's, a sand volleyball facility and bar! Check out their photo-gallery (http://www.baxterjacks.com/). They have three courts that we can use from 4:00 to 6:00. Transportation will be provided to the Baxter Jack's, which is about a 5 minute ride from the Marriott. We'll set up the tournament and if you need to sit out a round or two, you'll have a good place to sit and selection of beverages.
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule