Memorial Jam Session
The traditional informal evening jam sessions will occur Monday, and Tuesday during and after SFS mixers and events in room 4108 of the Hyatt Hotel.
A special memorial jam session and tribute in memory of our SFS friends and colleagues Tara Willey, Don Webb, Ken Stewart, Tom Waters, Jim Sedell, Mike Hubbard, and Bill Coffman, all who passed away during 2012, will be held on Tuesday evening in Grand Ballroom VI of the Hyatt from 10:00pm to 12:00 midnight.
- This memorial jam session will begin with short remembrances honoring Tara, Don, Ken, Tom, Jim, Mike, and Bill, followed by an acoustic music jam session provided by Society’s ‘house band’, The Benthic Balladeers.
- A time-loop slide show honoring our departed colleagues will continue throughout the evening, and attendees of this evening session will be encouraged to share memories of our departed colleagues between songs.
- The ‘official’ song of our society, the Benthic Waltz, will be performed during the evening, with the lyrics projected on screen for all who wish to croon along.
- Several kegs of beer are being donated by the Bold City Brewery for this memorial jam session; some light snacks are also being provided and a cash bar will be available.
Please contact Mark Wetzel (email@example.com) with any pictures (preferably digital) of our departed colleagues that you could provide for this slide show; all questions regarding the jam sessions should be referred to Fred Benfield (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule