Memorial Jam Session
The traditional informal evening jam sessions will occur Monday, and Tuesday during and after SFS mixers and events in room 4108 of the Hyatt Hotel.
A special memorial jam session and tribute in memory of our SFS friends and colleagues Tara Willey, Don Webb, Ken Stewart, Tom Waters, Jim Sedell, Mike Hubbard, and Bill Coffman, all who passed away during 2012, will be held on Tuesday evening in Grand Ballroom VI of the Hyatt from 10:00pm to 12:00 midnight.
- This memorial jam session will begin with short remembrances honoring Tara, Don, Ken, Tom, Jim, Mike, and Bill, followed by an acoustic music jam session provided by Society’s ‘house band’, The Benthic Balladeers.
- A time-loop slide show honoring our departed colleagues will continue throughout the evening, and attendees of this evening session will be encouraged to share memories of our departed colleagues between songs.
- The ‘official’ song of our society, the Benthic Waltz, will be performed during the evening, with the lyrics projected on screen for all who wish to croon along.
- Several kegs of beer are being donated by the Bold City Brewery for this memorial jam session; some light snacks are also being provided and a cash bar will be available.
Please contact Mark Wetzel (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any pictures (preferably digital) of our departed colleagues that you could provide for this slide show; all questions regarding the jam sessions should be referred to Fred Benfield (email@example.com).
- Making Waves Ep. 23: Freshwater Salinization, Dr. Miguel Cañedo-Argüelles more
- Announcement of SFS Endorsement of the March for Science more
- March 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- 2017 Instars Fellowship applications now available more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Be Kind more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore
New publication describes the fate and ecological effects of amphetamine on biofilm, seston, and aquatic insect communitiesmore
SFS Bibliography Update: The 2014 SFS Bibliography is available.more
New publication describes dataset developed to assess aquatic condition and watershed integritymore