Live AuctionThe live auction, a traditional component of SFS meetings, is a fun and lively fundraising event where donated items are auctioned off to raise funds for graduate student awards. The amount raised during the auction will be matched dollar-for-dollar by SFS to support future student attendance and presentations at these meetings. Don’t miss the live auction this year! The committee already has fantastic donations, and invites SFS members to donate artwork or other items (pottery, paintings, photography, etc.). Also, don’t miss those embarrassing or antique ‘must haves’ donated from your colleagues.
If you have something to donate you can bring the item to the Live Auction drop-off table at the meeting or contact the live auction committee for other arrangements. The live auction is currently scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, May 21st. Credit cards, cash, and check will be accepted. Please contact the live auction coordinators for more information: Jim Junker (email@example.com) and Anita Baxter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, you may ship items ahead of time to be held at the Hyatt:
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
c/o Jim Junker (or yourself if you prefer)
225 East Coastline Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule