SFS Constitutional Revisions (2013)
Proposed Revision to By-Laws
Changing the Name of the Society for Freshwater Science’s Graduate Resources Committee (GRC) to the Student Resources Committee (SRC), and establishing a SRC subcommittee for Undergraduate Student Awards.
Undergraduate students are becoming increasingly involved in the Society. This name change makes the Society’s student committee more inclusive of undergraduate students. The establishment of the Undergraduate Student Awards subcommittee as one of the six subcommittees of the Student Resources Committee formalizes currently-existing pilot projects in which graduate students select undergraduate travel award recipients and coordinate judging of undergraduate posters/presentations.
The ExCom and Board have expressed their approval for this change.
SFS Constitutional Revision Committee
Steve Francoeur, co-Chair
Fred Benfield, co-Chair
Please see the following document regarding the proposed constitutional revision:
- Changing the Name of the Society for Freshwater Science’s Graduate Resources Committee (GRC) to the Student Resources Committee (SRC), and establishing a SRC subcommittee for Undergraduate Student Awards (PDF) April 10th, 2013
- Making Waves Ep. 23: Freshwater Salinization, Dr. Miguel Cañedo-Argüelles more
- Announcement of SFS Endorsement of the March for Science more
- March 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- 2017 Instars Fellowship applications now available more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Be Kind more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore
New publication describes the fate and ecological effects of amphetamine on biofilm, seston, and aquatic insect communitiesmore
SFS Bibliography Update: The 2014 SFS Bibliography is available.more
New publication describes dataset developed to assess aquatic condition and watershed integritymore