SFS Constitutional Revisions (2013)
Proposed Revision to By-Laws
Changing the Name of the Society for Freshwater Science’s Graduate Resources Committee (GRC) to the Student Resources Committee (SRC), and establishing a SRC subcommittee for Undergraduate Student Awards.
Undergraduate students are becoming increasingly involved in the Society. This name change makes the Society’s student committee more inclusive of undergraduate students. The establishment of the Undergraduate Student Awards subcommittee as one of the six subcommittees of the Student Resources Committee formalizes currently-existing pilot projects in which graduate students select undergraduate travel award recipients and coordinate judging of undergraduate posters/presentations.
The ExCom and Board have expressed their approval for this change.
SFS Constitutional Revision Committee
Steve Francoeur, co-Chair
Fred Benfield, co-Chair
Please see the following document regarding the proposed constitutional revision:
- Changing the Name of the Society for Freshwater Science’s Graduate Resources Committee (GRC) to the Student Resources Committee (SRC), and establishing a SRC subcommittee for Undergraduate Student Awards (PDF) April 10th, 2013
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule