Latin America Chapter
Chapter Co-ChairsAlonso Ramirez (email@example.com) and Andrea Encalada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Membership GoalAll of Latin America is included in this chapter, including Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean Islands.
Mission StatementThe primary goal of this chapter is to provide a communication link for a large number of freshwater scientists throughout Latin America and to be a focal point for consensus-building and collaboration within Latin America.
- Making Waves Ep. 25: Modeling Environmental DNA Movement in Streams, Arial Shogren more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
COMPETITION CLOSED - SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore