NABS Poll on Joint Meetings with other Freshwater Societies
Expiration Date: 11/04/2020
4 November 2010
After the successful joint ASLO/NABS meeting in Santa Fe, we were asked by the ASLO leadership if we would consider holding another joint meeting (with the earliest opportunity being 2014). We also have been contacted by the Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) about holding a joint meeting with NABS at some future date.
NABS plans to meet in Portaland, OR in 2014 at the Portland Convention Center. We have confirmed that the Convention Center can easily accommodate all meeting events for a joint meeting including Plenary, contributed, and poster sessions, as well as the banquet. In addition, there are numerous hotels in close proximity to the convention center that can accommodate all attendees.
We need to decide soon whether or not to hold a joint meeting in order to secure sufficient convention center space within the Portland Convention Center.
Therefore, we would like your input regarding interest in future joint meetings with other freshwater societies. Please answer a short poll on the NABS website (requires login):
Please provide your online feedback by 17 November 2010, 5pm PST.
For technical issues with the online survey, contact: email@example.com
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore