Member Survey: Society Name & Journal Name
Expiration Date: 12/16/2020
Our Society began a process of evaluating our Society name and Journal title earlier this year.
On the following survey, please provide input on possible alternatives for a Journal title and our Society name by indicating your first, second and third choices. These alternative titles and names were derived from the rankings of key terms by over 400 members in October. The results of that ranking of terms are available online.
Note that some combinations of terms were too similar to existing societies or journals and therefore are not included below. Also not included below are our existing Journal title and Society name, because they will automatically be one of the two options during the Member Vote at the Annual Business Meeting in Providence, RI in May 2011.
Results from this ranking will only serve to help narrow possible alternative names and titles. Therefore, our request for your input is not a binding vote!
Participate in the Society Name & Journal Title Member Survey: (requires your NABS website member login)
At the annual business meeting in Providence, RI in May 2011 members will have the opportunity to cast separate votes to change or retain the current Journal title and to change or retain the current Society name. Our By-Laws require in-person votes for changes to the Constitution.
Thank you very much for your time and effort,
NABS Name Committee
Please note: This survey will close on January 21st, 2011 at midnight PST (at the same time the annual meeting abstract submission closes).
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director