NABS 2011 Abstract Due Now!
Expiration Date: 1/20/2021
Its that time - If you are planning to present a paper, in contributed or special sessions, or as a poster at NABS 2011 in Providence, you must submit your abstract by midnight, Central USA Standard Time, Friday January 21, 2011. See information about the meeting and directions for submission through the NABS website (http://www.benthos.org/Annual-Meeting.aspx).
Looking forward to seeing you there!
In addition to registering for the meeting, we also encourage you to please vote for our next society president and also to complete the brief survey on the NABS name change. The Presidential ballot and name change survey are being conducted online from December 15, 2010 through January 21, 2011. Please go to https://www.benthos.org/Society-Business.aspx to vote and conduct the survey.
As many of you know, one of our own, Dr. Pat Muholland is battling ALS. This year, in honor of Pat and the many others fighting this horrible disease, we, as a scientific society, hope to raise awareness, and money to support ALS research. This year, our annual fun run and volleyball tournament will be events staged to benefit the Rhode Island Chapter of the ALS Association (http://webri.alsa.org/). If you want to support this effort now, please visit the ALS Rhode Island Chapter web page, click on the "Welcome to NABS Members" link near the top of the page, and see our Community of Hope Fund page to donate. More on this effort will come later. Thanks for your support.
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director