SFS Awards Applications due February 3rd!
Expiration Date: 1/20/2022
Dear SFS Students:
I hope that all of you have had a great fall semester, and the spring semester is off to a great start. As you get your abstract ready to submit for the 2012 SFS meeting in Louisville, don't forget about the Endowment Awards! Applications are due February 3rd. There are a variety of awards that fund research and travel to the meeting. There is also an undergraduate travel award to fund undergrad travel to the meeting, so if you know of any undergraduates planning to attend encourage them to apply. Also please forward this e-mail to any new SFS graduate students who are not society members yet (and encourage them to become members!).
Information is at this website: https://www.freshwater-science.org/Students-and-Postdocs/Student-Endowment--Awards.aspx
Please let me know if you have any questions about this or anything else as we start planning for Louisville!
SFS Graduate Resources Committee Chair
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore