Society for Freshwater Science Election
Expiration Date: 2/21/2022
I am pleased (finally) to be able to open this year's election for the Society for Freshwater Science President (to serve in 2013-2014), and two new Delegates to serve on the Board of Directors. For the first time members will select representatives from the academic employment and early career demographic sectors in addition to a president elect. The delegates will each serve three year terms, and will replace the presidential appointments, who previously served on the Executive Committee. (Next year delegates representing the non-academic employment sector and the International geographic sector will be elected.)
Candidates this year include:
• President: Dr. Sherri Johnson & Dr. Randy Fuller
• Academic Sector: Dr. Al Steinman & Dr. Caryn Vaughn
• Early Career: Dr. Michelle Greenwood & Dr. David Costello
On the ballot site we have provided a biographical sketch and list of qualifications, as well as some additional information about each candidate. We have asked each candidate to respond to questions about issues relevant to the society. We hope this additional information will be helpful in making your selection. The election is open for one month from January 23rd through February 23nd, 2012.
Read about the candidates and vote on the SFS website:
Current members and 2011 members are eligible to vote. You can renew your membership on the SFS website:
Thank you for participating in this important society function.
Chair, Elections and Place Committee
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director