Reminder-- Poll for SFS Chapters (formerly NABS)
Expiration Date: 3/23/2022
The SFS Executive Committee and Board of Directors have unanimously consented to allow Michael Barbour, Chair of our Long-Range Planning Committee, to approach the Society about the possibility of forming chapters. The key goal of the attached poll is to gain information to gauge Society interest in forming chapters.
Discussions on forming chapters in our Society are not new and first occurred in 1979 (Rosemary Mackay, Beneath the Surface, p. 9192). Our Strategic Plan suggests we re-evaluate the benefits and costs of forming chapters, and this one-question poll is part of that process. The formation of chapters will be optional and member-driven. If the poll suggests that members are generally in favor of the concept, then Mike can facilitate the gathering of folks in Louisville to talk about the feasibility and logistics of forming chapters. If the poll suggests a general disinterest, we stop the process. The three-page proposal reviewed by the Board that details benefits, concerns, and implementation procedures for chapters can be accessed on our webpage.
If you have yet to do so, please take a moment to complete the poll on our website, and let us know what you think:
Joe Holomuzki, SFS President
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director