SFS Election Results
Expiration Date: 4/03/2022
Dear SFS Members,
We are pleased to announce the results of the 2012 SFS elections.
Randy Fuller was elected by the membership to serve as our next SFS President. Randy will step into the President-Elect position at the spring 2013 SFS annual meeting, and will serve as President of the Society during the 2013-2014 year. He will be the presiding president at the Joint Aquatic Science meeting in Portland.
Al Steinman was elected as the first Academic Delegate to the Board of Directors, and David Costello was elected as the first Early Career Delegate.
Special thanks to Sherri Johnson, Caryn Vaughn, and Michelle Greenwood for their willingness to run as candidates for these positions. The election was very close, and in each case the candidates were clearly excellent choices.
Next year's election will include positions of President, Secretary, International Delegate, Non-academic sector Delegates. We hope you will participate in this important society function.
- Announcement of SFS Endorsement of the March for Science more
- March 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- 2017 Instars Fellowship applications now available more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Be Kind more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore
New publication describes the fate and ecological effects of amphetamine on biofilm, seston, and aquatic insect communitiesmore
SFS Bibliography Update: The 2014 SFS Bibliography is available.more
New publication describes dataset developed to assess aquatic condition and watershed integritymore