SFS EDC Request for Education Materials
Expiration Date: 4/20/2022
Dear SFS Members,
The Education & Diversity Committee is tasked with expanding our web presence by making teaching material available online. While we do make links to other sites dedicated to educational materials, the membership is a great resource not only for undergraduate and graduate level content, but also material for the general public and even K-12 audiences in the freshwater sciences. Please consider sharing some of your resources on the SFS website.
We are interested right now in two things:
1. Slides - either in powerpoint or pdf format
2. Lab material
We have prepared a web form to make the submission process easy. Please be prepared to provide the following:
1. Your name and affiliation.
2. Whether you would be open to being contacted in regard to the content.
3. A brief title of the content (<15 words)
4. A short description of the content (<150 words) - THIS IS OPTIONAL
5. THREE keywords
6. Target audience - general public, K-12, undergraduate, graduate
Please share materials online at:
Many thanks. I hope this will only take about 15 minutes or so of your time. Collectively, we can make a great contribution online, not to mention make the lives of our new teachers a little easier.
SFS Education & Diversity Committee
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore