SFS EDC Request for Education Materials
Expiration Date: 4/20/2022
Dear SFS Members,
The Education & Diversity Committee is tasked with expanding our web presence by making teaching material available online. While we do make links to other sites dedicated to educational materials, the membership is a great resource not only for undergraduate and graduate level content, but also material for the general public and even K-12 audiences in the freshwater sciences. Please consider sharing some of your resources on the SFS website.
We are interested right now in two things:
1. Slides - either in powerpoint or pdf format
2. Lab material
We have prepared a web form to make the submission process easy. Please be prepared to provide the following:
1. Your name and affiliation.
2. Whether you would be open to being contacted in regard to the content.
3. A brief title of the content (<15 words)
4. A short description of the content (<150 words) - THIS IS OPTIONAL
5. THREE keywords
6. Target audience - general public, K-12, undergraduate, graduate
Please share materials online at:
Many thanks. I hope this will only take about 15 minutes or so of your time. Collectively, we can make a great contribution online, not to mention make the lives of our new teachers a little easier.
SFS Education & Diversity Committee
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
COMPETITION CLOSED - SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore