SFS EDC Request for Education Materials
Expiration Date: 4/20/2022
Dear SFS Members,
The Education & Diversity Committee is tasked with expanding our web presence by making teaching material available online. While we do make links to other sites dedicated to educational materials, the membership is a great resource not only for undergraduate and graduate level content, but also material for the general public and even K-12 audiences in the freshwater sciences. Please consider sharing some of your resources on the SFS website.
We are interested right now in two things:
1. Slides - either in powerpoint or pdf format
2. Lab material
We have prepared a web form to make the submission process easy. Please be prepared to provide the following:
1. Your name and affiliation.
2. Whether you would be open to being contacted in regard to the content.
3. A brief title of the content (<15 words)
4. A short description of the content (<150 words) - THIS IS OPTIONAL
5. THREE keywords
6. Target audience - general public, K-12, undergraduate, graduate
Please share materials online at:
Many thanks. I hope this will only take about 15 minutes or so of your time. Collectively, we can make a great contribution online, not to mention make the lives of our new teachers a little easier.
SFS Education & Diversity Committee
- Announcement of SFS Endorsement of the March for Science more
- March 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- 2017 Instars Fellowship applications now available more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Be Kind more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore
New publication describes the fate and ecological effects of amphetamine on biofilm, seston, and aquatic insect communitiesmore
SFS Bibliography Update: The 2014 SFS Bibliography is available.more
New publication describes dataset developed to assess aquatic condition and watershed integritymore