Assistant Stream Ecologist
Expiration Date: 3/31/2017
Agency/Location: IL Natural History Survey, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL.
Salary: $37,000 to $41,000, commensurate with experience
Conduct fish and habitat surveys, and provide support to the principal investigators with data analysis and the preparation of reports and manuscripts. Present research results at professional meetings and solicit external funding opportunities. Communicate and interact with recipients of services. Supervise summer technicians. This includes recruitment, task assignment, training, scheduling, performance monitoring and evaluation, and mentoring. Employ, operate and maintain in good repair a variety of sampling gears and other equipment. Use and operate boats and electrical generators. Prepare project plans, reports and summaries of findings and analyses for online distribution to the public. Some extended/overnight travel periods may be required. Must be physically able to lift, pull, and/or push up to 30 pounds. The U of I is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled www.inclusiveillinois.illnois.edu.
MS in freshwater ecology, fisheries, natural resources, environmental sciences, or other related areas.
Erica Hanson at below email.
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore