Assistant Stream Ecologist
Expiration Date: 3/31/2017
Agency/Location: IL Natural History Survey, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL.
Salary: $37,000 to $41,000, commensurate with experience
Conduct fish and habitat surveys, and provide support to the principal investigators with data analysis and the preparation of reports and manuscripts. Present research results at professional meetings and solicit external funding opportunities. Communicate and interact with recipients of services. Supervise summer technicians. This includes recruitment, task assignment, training, scheduling, performance monitoring and evaluation, and mentoring. Employ, operate and maintain in good repair a variety of sampling gears and other equipment. Use and operate boats and electrical generators. Prepare project plans, reports and summaries of findings and analyses for online distribution to the public. Some extended/overnight travel periods may be required. Must be physically able to lift, pull, and/or push up to 30 pounds. The U of I is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled www.inclusiveillinois.illnois.edu.
MS in freshwater ecology, fisheries, natural resources, environmental sciences, or other related areas.
Erica Hanson at below email.
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director