Honours Scholarship 2018
Scholarships, Grants, and Awards
Expiration Date: 1/26/2018
The Murray–Darling Freshwater Research Centre (MDFRC) in association with The Murray–Darling Basin Authority (on behalf of the joint governments) is committed to the generation and adoption of freshwater ecological knowledge to inform decision making.
The MDFRC and MDBA Collaboration Partnership (MMCP) invites applications for students to receive one of three available scholarships, who are undertaking research on the ecology and biogeochemistry of floodplain rivers and wetlands. Research themes that are considered within scope for consideration include:
- Plant ecology
- Floodplain fish ecology
- Food web ecology
- Invasive aquatic species
Applicants must be enrolled or in the process for applying through La Trobe University for the Honours Program
Through La Trobe University the MMCP will provide an Honours scholarship to successful applicants to the value of $6,000 ($4,000 stipend + $2,000 operating). These scholarships will be selected based on the students undergraduate course Weighted Average Mark (WAM) and the relevance of Honours project to the MMCP. Honours students will be supervised/co-supervised by MMCP researchers and will undertake a research project aligned with the objectives of the MMCP.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for one of the three potential scholarships;
- Visit http://www.mdfrc.org.au/students/scholarships/Honours.asp for the MDFRC Honours Scholarship Information Sheet.
- Review the MDFRC Honours and Post Graduate Research 2018 Guide for a list of potential projects and supervisors http://www.mdfrc.org.au/education-programs/scholarships/
- Submit an application to email@example.com
You will be advised of an outcome early February 2018.
Applications close 26 January 2018.
For further information, please contact: Dr Daryl Nielsen, Principal Research Scientist, Murray–Darling Freshwater Research Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
These positions will be based at The Murray–Darling Freshwater Research Centre (MDFRC) at either the Albury–Wodonga or Mildura campuses of La Trobe University.
MDFRC specialises in the ecology of rivers and wetlands within the Murray–Darling Basin. For more information see: http://www.mdfrc.org.au/
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule