Making Waves: Sapna Sharma
Making Waves is the podcast of the Society for Freshwater Science
Episode 19: Climate Change and Lake Ice, Dr. Sapna Sharma
This month's podcast features Dr. Sapna Sharma discussing her work on how climate change affects lakes, particularly lake ice cover.
Dr. Sharma is an associate professor at York University, where her laboratory conducts innovative research in modeling lake dynamics among other topics. She is particularly interested in understanding the effects of environmental stressors such as climate change, invasive species, and land use change on ecosystems as well as improving the use of quantitative methods to analyze these effects at broad temporal and spatial scales.
- Sharma et al. 2016: http://www.nature.com/articles/srep25061
- Sharma et al. 2015: http://www.nature.com/articles/sdata20158
- Sharma & Magnuson 2014: https://sharmalab.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/sharma-and-magnuson-2014.pdf
- Sharma et al. 2013: https://sharmalab.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/sharma-et-al-2013_climatic-change.pdf
Running time: 19 minutes
Host: Eric Moody
Listen to the podcast
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director