Making Waves: Wyatt Cross
Making Waves is the podcast of the Society for Freshwater Science
Episode 20: Large River Ecology, Dr. Wyatt Cross
This month's podcast features Dr. Wyatt Cross discussing his work on large rivers, especially the Colorado River.
Dr. Cross is an associate professor of ecology at Montana State University and director of the Montana Water Center. His research lab is generally interested in understanding and predicting ecological responses to global change. In addition to other projects, he has recent and ongoing projects in several large rivers in the Western United States - the Colorado, Missouri, and Yellowstone. His group employs bioenergetic and stoichiometric frameworks to examine the structure and function of these and other freshwater ecosystems.
- Kennedy et al. 2016: bioscience.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/04/30/biosci.biw059.short
- Cross et al. 2013: www.montana.edu/wcross/Cross_website/Publications_files/Cross et al. 2013.pdf
- Kelly et al. 2013: www.montana.edu/wcross/Cross_website/Publications_files/Wellard-Kelly et al. 2013.pdf
- Cross et al. 2011: www.montana.edu/wcross/Cross_website/Publications_files/Cross et al. 2011.pdf
Running time: 21 minutes
Host: Eric Moody
Listen to the podcast
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director