Making Waves: Dr. Miguel Cañedo-Argüelles
Making Waves is the podcast of the Society for Freshwater Science
Ep. 23: Freshwater Salinization, Dr. Miguel Cañedo-Argüelles
This month's podcast features Dr. Miguel Cañedo-Argüelles discussing his work on the salinization of freshwater ecosystems.
Dr. Cañedo-Argüelles is a post-doctoral research scientist at the University of Barcelona (Universitat de Barcelona). His research focuses on the ecology of macroinvertebrates, with a particular focus on how gradients in salinity affect community composition. He has recently become particularly interested in the effects of elevated salinity due to human activities such as mining and agriculture.
- Cañedo-Argüelles et al. 2017: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749116317377
- Cañedo-Argüelles et al. 2016: http://science.sciencemag.org/content/351/6276/914
- Kefford et al. 2016: http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/12/3/20151072
- Cañedo-Argüelles et al. 2013: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749112004502
Running time: 24 minutes
Host: Eric Moody
Listen to the podcast
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director