Making Waves: Brad Cardinale
Making Waves is the podcast of the Society for Freshwater Science
Episode 3: Value of Biodiversity? Dr. Brad Cardinale
This month's podcast features Dr. Brad Cardinale discussing the role of biodiversity for ecosystem function and whether that can be translated into ecosystem services.
Dr. Brad Cardinale is a associate professor in the School of Natural Resources and Environment at the University of Michigan. His research utilizes theory, experimental, modeling, and field studies to understand how the loss of biodiversity impacts ecosystems.
Running time: 22 minutes
Host: Host: Timothy Cline
Listen to the podcast
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- Making Waves Ep. 25: Modeling Environmental DNA Movement in Streams, Arial Shogren more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
COMPETITION CLOSED - SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore