The SFS Video Library
SFS has created a collection of short video clips for use in teaching and outreach. A collaborative effort between the SFS Conservation and Environmental Issues Committee and Freshwaters Illustrated, the SFS Video Library features over twenty short video clips that illustrate aquatic habitat and organisms, focusing on benthic stream environments. These clips can be easily incorporated into computer presentations, such as Powerpoint slide shows, to provide more engaging and dynamic educational content for teaching and outreach.
To purchase the SFS Video Library, send a $25 check or money order made out to 'the Society for Freshwater Science' to:
Dept of Biology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Technical questions about the library can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org"
* Videos require Quicktime (but note that the final library will be in mpeg format, and readable by all types of media players, including Powerpoint). If you have problems playing, make sure you have the latest Quicktime version (6.0).
** The high quality versions are worth the wait, but not recommended for dial-up connections
QuickTime and the QuickTime Logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Get QuickTime Badge is a trademark of Apple Computer Inc., used with permission.
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore