Links to Selected Web Sites with Teaching Resources
- Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE) - Ecological Society of America site with lesson plans, articles for class activities, experiments, and other teaching resources.
- Ecology course syllabus exchange - Ecological Society of America education service containing an array of ecology-based course syllabi under 3 categories: physiological ecology, general ecology, and research methods.
- Multimedia Education Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT) - free and open resources with links to online learning materials including annotations such as peer-reviews and assignments.
- Water on the Web - contains basic and advanced curricula for undergraduate and high school, data from many lakes and rivers, data interpretation and GIS tools, and supporting materials.
- Action Bioscience - multitude of information for biology teachers.
- EcoBeaker - software for ecology classes from Simbiotic Software, requires purchase.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) Education Office, Resources for Teaching Biology
- Ecological Society of America (ESA) Education Office
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO) Education and Outreach
Links to education programs in other societies
Other linksOther education-related links (SFSLinks)
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore