Links to Selected Web Sites with Teaching Resources
- Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE) - Ecological Society of America site with lesson plans, articles for class activities, experiments, and other teaching resources.
- Ecology course syllabus exchange - Ecological Society of America education service containing an array of ecology-based course syllabi under 3 categories: physiological ecology, general ecology, and research methods.
- Multimedia Education Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT) - free and open resources with links to online learning materials including annotations such as peer-reviews and assignments.
- Water on the Web - contains basic and advanced curricula for undergraduate and high school, data from many lakes and rivers, data interpretation and GIS tools, and supporting materials.
- Action Bioscience - multitude of information for biology teachers.
- EcoBeaker - software for ecology classes from Simbiotic Software, requires purchase.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) Education Office, Resources for Teaching Biology
- Ecological Society of America (ESA) Education Office
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO) Education and Outreach
Links to education programs in other societies
Other linksOther education-related links (SFSLinks)
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
Longtime SFS member and Oregon State University professor Dr. Norman Anderson passed away January 13, 2018.more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore