June 2017, Volume 36, Issue 2
- Light effects on in-stream ammonium oxidation
- Apple snail responses to drying
- Life history of Ptychobranchus jonesi
- Thermal restriction in a headwater fish
- Expert-based decision system
A. B. Stoler, W. D. Hintz, D. K. Jones, L. Lind, B. M. Mattes, M. S. Schuler, and R. A. Relyea. 2017. Leaf litter mediates the negative effects of road salt on forested wetland communities. 36(2): 415-426.
About Freshwater Science
Freshwater Science (Print ISSN 2161-9549, Online ISSN 2161-9565) is published quarterly (March, June, September, and December) by the The Society for Freshwater Science and the University of Chicago Press, Journals Division, 1427 E. 60th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60637. The Society for Freshwater Science is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1953 and incorporated in the State of Illinois in 1967.
More information about Freshwater Science can be read at The University of Chicago Press Freshwater Science portal.
SFS Member Access
Freshwater Science (FWS), is available online for all SFS members and to institutional subscribers.
Please use the link below to access the Current Issue, Ahead of Print articles, or back issues including those published as the Journal of the North American Benthological Society (J-NABS) and Freshwater Invertebrate Biology (FIB) using your SFS website login.
Access Through Your Institution
If your institution has an electronic or electronic subscription to FWS,
you can access the journal directly without logging onto the SFS site. If your institution has a Print-Only subscription or is not listed,
visit http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/LRF/FWS to recommend Freshwater Science to your librarian.
Login InformationIf you have forgotten your login or password, please use the "Forgot your Login?" or "Forgot your Password?" links on the login page. Your login should be the email address that you used when renewing your membership (also the email address that you receive the SFS emails at) or your Member ID number.
If you have other issues gaining access to the Journal, please do not hesitate to contact SFS Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore