Add your voice to a video being produced on diversity and inclusivity in SFS
Published On: 3/16/2017
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive society
We'd like to hear from people from all backgrounds about why these issues are important to you. To participate in the video, please record a short (ideally 30 seconds or less) clip of yourself answering any or all of the following 4 questions. Depending on the number of responses we receive we may not be able to include your response to each question in the final video, so please let us know if one answer is particularly the most important to you. For the recording, a standard webcam on your computer should be fine. You can choose to record in any location you like but it would be ideal if your face is clearly visible in the frame. You may choose to self-identify in any way you are comfortable but please do not feel that you need to do so. Keep in mind that this video will be seen by a large group of scientists at the Raleigh meeting. We do however at least ask that you send us your preferred name and title that we could use in the presentation and credits.
1. Why is being a part of an inclusive society important to you personally?
2. How have the passage of HB2 and the attitudes towards LGBTQ+ people embodied by it affected your life?
3. What will our field lose if we do not promote diversity of our membership?
4. What is something you've seen a professional society do that has made you feel more welcome as a member?
Please send video files and/or any questions you have about this video to Eric Moody (email@example.com). Send videos by Friday June 2nd to ensure that they will be included in the final cut.Thanks for your interest in promoting diversity in freshwater science - with your help we can make the society a more inclusive place for all of us!
- Making Waves Ep. 25: Modeling Environmental DNA Movement in Streams, Arial Shogren more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
COMPETITION CLOSED - SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore