Invertebrate book by SFS members in print!
Published On: 3/2/2012
Wading for Bugs, a book on invertebrate natural histories by SFS members.
Wading for Bugs: Exploring Streams with the Experts
Edited by Judith L. Li and Michael T. Barbour“The intent of this book is fun and original—particularly so since the topic of aquatic invertebrates is relatively unexplored and uncelebrated.”
—Sharman Apt Russell, author of An Obsession with Butterflies
Wading for Bugs invites readers to experience—through the eyes of scientists—the wonders of studying stream insects. Nearly two dozen biologists share their memorable encounters with aquatic bugs in this lively and informative volume.
In addition to the personal narratives, a general summary introduces each insect order. Insect drawings accompany each account, along with morphological, life history, and habitat information for each group. Insights into conducting field and experimental research, and details about aquatic insect groups, can also help introduce students to the fascinating study of streams.
Contributors include: Norman H. Anderson, Michael T. Barbour, Christopher Beatty, Fred Benfield, Michael Bogan, Rob Cannings, Lynda D. Corkum, Gregory W. Courtney, Deb Finn, Donna Giberson, Judith Li, David A. Lytle, Richard W. Merritt, Mark P. Miller, Marilyn Myers, Dave Penrose, Vincent Resh, John Richardson, Michael C. Swift, Mark Vinson, John R. Wallace, David Wartinbee, and John Woodling
2011 • Paperback, $19.95 • ISBN 978-0-87071-608-9
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- Making Waves Ep. 25: Modeling Environmental DNA Movement in Streams, Arial Shogren more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
COMPETITION CLOSED - SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore