Student Resources Committee
Who are we?
The Student Resources Committee (SRC) provides graduate and undergraduate students with representation in the Society for Freshwater Science (SFS) and an opportunity to meet and interact with other motivated students and leading members of SFS.
Membership in the SRC is open to all SFS graduate and undergraduate students. We have representatives on many SFS committees. The SRC also includes several sub-committees that actively participate in fundraising and organizing activities to enhance the sense of community within SFS.
What do we do?
Conference events and fundraisers organized by the SRC include the Graduate Student Workshop, Student-Mentor Mixer, Live Auction, Silent Book Auction, and Merchandise Sales.
We are also working with other SFS committees to develop fellowships and activities to support the growing number of undergraduate students attending annual SFS conferences.
How to join?
If you are a graduate student member of SFS and would like to be more involved with your society, please contact this year’s chair, Petra Kranzfelder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Join SFS SRC on Facebook!
- Making Waves Ep. 23: Freshwater Salinization, Dr. Miguel Cañedo-Argüelles more
- Announcement of SFS Endorsement of the March for Science more
- March 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- 2017 Instars Fellowship applications now available more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Be Kind more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore
New publication describes the fate and ecological effects of amphetamine on biofilm, seston, and aquatic insect communitiesmore
SFS Bibliography Update: The 2014 SFS Bibliography is available.more
New publication describes dataset developed to assess aquatic condition and watershed integritymore