Making Waves: Raphael Mazor
Making Waves is the podcast of the Society for Freshwater Science
Episode 13: Biomonitoring in streams
This month’s podcast features Dr. Raphael Mazor discussing the process of biomonitoring in stream ecosystems.
Raphael is a senior scientist at Southern California Coastal Water Research Project, where he monitors the health of streams throughout the state of California. He is particularly interested in monitoring intermittent and ephemeral streams, which comprise the vast majority of streams on Earth but are frequently ignored in biomonitoring programs. In this podcast he discusses the challenges of creating effective biomonitoring programs for non-permanent streams and the biomonitoring process in general.
Running time: 19 minutes
Host: Eric Moody
Listen to the podcast
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule