Making Waves: Sherri Mason
Making Waves is the podcast of the Society for Freshwater Science
Episode 17: Microplastic Pollution in Freshwaters, Dr. Sherri Mason
This month's podcast features Dr. Sherri Mason discussing her work on microplastics in freshwater ecosystems.
Dr. Mason is a Professor of Chemistry at the State University of New York Fredonia campus, where she is actively involved in researching the extent and effects of microplastic pollution in freshwaters. Her group has particularly focused on microplastics in the Great Lakes and their watershed. She discusses the effects of this growing concern and what we can do to stop it.
Running time: 21 minutes
Host: Eric Moody
Listen to the podcast
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule