SFS Annual Meeting
2018 SFS Annual Meeting - Detroit, Michigan
-annual meeting details
Abstract submissions due
January 26, 2018
Abstracts for the 2018 SFS Annual Meeting are due Friday, January 26, 2018. Per SFS policy, only one paper per first author with be accepted. In addition, it is SFS policy that all presenters must register for the conference. The theme of the 2018 Meeting is "Navigating Boundaries in Freshwater Science." For more information about abstract submission and to submit an abstract please click here.
2018 SFS Endowment Student Awards For Graduate Students & Undergraduates: Applications Due January 31, 2018
Calling all students interested in attending SFS 2018 in Detroit! Applications for 2018 SFS Endowment Awards, including the Undergraduate Travel Awards, are due January 31, 2018. Applications can be submitted online through the SFS Endowment Student Awards website. For more information, please visit the following link: SFS Student Endowment Awards.
Call for Nominations for SFS Awards: Submission Due March 15, 2018
Please nominate your esteemed and deserving colleagues! The SFS Awards Submission Portal is now open at this link for the following awards: Award of Excellence; Environmental Stewardship Award; Distinguished Service Award; and the Hynes Award for New Investigators. If you encounter difficulties in submitting nominations for any of these awards, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Membership Renewal
If you have ever been a member of SFS please click the "Renew your membership" link below. If you have never been a member of SFS, please click the new member link below.
Never been a member? Sign up online here!
Video by Freshwaters Illustrated
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 27: Animal Migrations andnd Freshwater Nutrient Subsidies , Amanda Subalusky more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
- The President's Environment: What's New? more
4th International Symposium of the Benthological Society of Asia and 2nd Youth Freshwater Ecology School August 19-25, 2018more
2018 Benthic Ecology Meeting (BEM) in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA: 28-30 March 2018.
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director